Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday's Letters

Photobucket

 Linking up with Ashley to write some letters.

 Dear Blogger,
 I thought I'd be smart today by creating an email with my new blog name and new google account. That way I could disconnect the google account that has my email with my full name on it. I could also then get rid of my other email with my old blog title in it. I was going to streamline down to one blogger account and email, and then have my personal email for only big girl things. (We're up to 3 emails here kids.)
But alas, you couldn't make it that easy could you? After joining my new email I copied and pasted allllll of the blogs in my reader to my new account, switched up links, and changed permissions. then When I went to delete the email with my full name I was told my blog would lose ALL OF THE PHOTOS I'D POSTED WITH THAT ACCOUNT. I post a lot of photos folks.
And with two connected to my "About Me" section looked like a crazy person. So in true awkward kid form, I now have two accounts with identical readers (yes, that's right if I follow you, you have "2" of me following you. Congrats) and have given up on streamlining. I also haven't deleted my old email because there's no way for me to shut it down and have everything forwarded. So for the next month or so I'll be checking 3 emails. NOT including my school email.
OY VEY.
(Have any of you suffered through this headache of changing emails, blogs names, blogger accounts? Any happy solutions?)

Dear painters that are painting the outside of the house,
I can appreciate the fact that the landlord called you to paint the house and make it look nice.
But I mean come on, the one day I work at night you are painting right on the porch where I was going to sunbathe? And then move right outside the window next to where I was going to eat lunch? Not cool. I guess I'll hide out in the only room where you can't spy on me: the bedroom. And I guess I'll...clean?

Dear readers and visitors,
If you need to feel a little bit better about yourself and your general competency as a person, feel free and read this post I wrote yesterday. And if it doesn't make you feel better and actually reminds you of yourself, maybe we should be best friends.

Dear birthday,
UM HI YOU'RE ALMOST HERE! SO GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN!
I don't have any fantastic ideas of what I want to do when you come around but I want it to be a good time. If you have any great ideas just let me know. It'll be weird turning 25, but we can do it together.

Dear Will and Grace Marathons on some girly channel,
You make it easy to stay inside both when it's raining and when it's sunny but I can't go outside because there are men painting my house.

Dear link-ups,
You're a good time. You're not only an easy excuse to blog but a great way to discover other bloggers. BUT I wish some of you wouldn't get so big and crowded!
I like being able to sift through as many as possible to find new blogs but when there are like 50 I just get lazy. I also like being found by other bloggers because I often like their blog too. But again, I feel like I get lost. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome all of you link-ups are getting popular, but the amount of people to go through sometimes makes me only want to go through a few. I need to find some new ones without SO many people so I can balance between big and small.

Dear legs,
Shave yourselves. It's summer and I'm bored of doing it all the time just so I can wear shorts to work.

Happy Friday!

6 comments:

  1. ha! I love the last one! I wish my legs would shave themselves too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel you on the big link ups! I feel like mine just gets lost in the shuffle. Booo.

    Your blogger adventure totally stressed me out! I will never change anything now. Haha

    And AMEN about leg shaving! And the hair grows SO DARN FAST in the summer, too. Eff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to change my email through blogger too and had the same problems. I just left mine. let me know if you figure it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. new follower here :)

    http://ifyoufallseventimes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Changing your e-mail for blogger is super annoying especially when you host pictures. I would say still switch it, but don't delete it. Unless you want to go back through and re-do it.

    Also, hooray for Will and Grace marathons. Love me some Jack.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments they're just fabulous!
Enable your email please so I can get back to you!