The family is still at Disney World.
So things aren't completely in place, buuuuuuut we have paint folks, WE HAVE PAINT.
Let me back up and explain myself.
Welcome to Room 209.
I am a teacher, and have a classroom. This year we switched up our rooms and our teams, therefore everything was in boxes. I visited last week and noticed one of my new team member's room was a different color than the drab creme all around except for that one special room that is orange.
And no, that wall isn't cute happy orange, it's sad and angry orange.
I then walked into my room and noticed the light didn't come in to well, as it was all sucked out by the green carpet.
No, not calming and pleasant green, it's old and vomity green.
I decided that between the nasty colors and the fact that this used to be the afterschool, "You're failing so you have to stay after room," I knew I needed to make it my own with a fresh coat of paint.
So let me share with you what I had to work with.
Some of my walls are brick and off white.
| Back of the room. |
| Front of the room. |
Some of my walls are metal walls that were put in after the school were built, we'll call them tan.
| That's another classroom right there. I call that my, "I really have to pee can you watch them" door. |
And some of my walls are collapsible with chalkboards, and they're made out of, ummm, carpet?
I don't know, I just work here.
| The wall partially folded. That's another classroom. Please note random orange wall. |
| Oh and I forgot to mention the bookshelves ranging from orange, to blue to mustard. |
| Beautiful. |
So, as you can see, I had my work cut out for me. I wanted to bring in warm, yet bright. You're happy to be here, yet you're ready to work. All the while somehow color coordinating through everything.
I decided to go with two different colors. One in the front, and one in the back.
My front wall is "Skywriter" Blue, so I could reflect as much light as I could coming into my one, I repeat one window.
| It's brighter than this, it was just dark. |
Loving it?
Let's go on a tour, SHALL WE?!
So as you walk into my classroom this is what you'll see.
| If unpacked boxes and out of place furniture stresses you out, go no further in this post. |
This will hopefully be the library area with my book sets and inspirational posters.
Same wall, different light. Pretty cool huh?
Here's a picture where I tried to get both colors in. If you glance at the corners of it on either side of the collapsible wall.
And of course the front wall in "Skywriter" blue.
It matches my new globe!
And the window looks so much nicer with the blue next to it!
And yes, I painted the shelf next to the window the same color as the back!
But back to letting light in. It was sun down when I took these pictures but I promise it does a much better job than the orange.
So that's it. Like I said before I couldn't have done it without the hubby. He is the edging/detail/cleanupaftermypainttrack king!
My next big task is the dreaded unpacking of the room. I'll reveal that when it's done. But don't hold you breath for anytime soon. I have a couple of weeks. :)
I shall leave you for now with one of my random inspirational hangings in my room for the night. This one is featured right in the window as you can see above.
Happy Friday. :)
It's sad and angry orange. Lol. Is there a worse orange out there? I think not!
ReplyDeleteI know it's been said, but that hubby of yours is a keeper. :)
My friends classroom had the same shelves you have with the orange - hers were metal. Are yours? Any who, she used zebra and checker contact paper to cover the orange on her shelves. Just an idea if you wanted to get rid of more orange.
ReplyDeleteThe blue looks awesome!