Monday, May 30, 2011

My Weekend In Photos

Weekend 5/28-5/30.
Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
Thank God for 3 day weekends. I gives me time to catch up on...nothing. Well, sun, and blogs, and some grading.

But not enough that I hurt myself at it.

This post is sans photos for the first day and half because I'm a struggle.

Friday night we celebrated with some friends as one of them just got a new teaching job at a middle school, and Dave got a summer job that he wanted. Hooray!

<Insert picture of fire pit, Bud Light Limes, hot dogs on sticks, and the Glee season finale playing a la laptop here. >

Saturday took Dave off to my parent's house with some friends to work on a few odd jobs on the outside of the house. It left me to go to Kohls, Starbucks, and work at the custard place.

Where I get a lot of change in my tip bucket.

Because I'm pretty.

Or because I use a napkin when I touch their ice cream cones.

Since it's been about 60 degrees out at night, it was about high time to take the comforter off, wash the blankets, and do some cleaning around the house.

We took Bruin's cover off of his bed to wash and put the bed on our bed to sweep up the floor.

It should have come to no surprise to us that because is one of the most awkward dogs on earth we'd find him like this:


Love him.

Our next Sunday task was to go  down to my parent's place so we could return my dad's truck.

Now before all of you haters start telling me about how I drive with my dog is dangerous, yeah I get it. He has a doggie seatbelt. It was in the other car. And driving with the dog in the crate seems super dangerous to me.

So since it was just he and I on the way down he decided to join me.

In case you were wondering, my dog is my copilot.

He ended up chatting my ear off really.

And then things got a little rude.

Dave did a little more work around the house.


Yeah, mine. Thanks.

Mom went on a run and came back.

My little sister worked pretty hard.
On her tan.

I tried ripping up a part of the lilac bush for my mother, failed, and then Dave went on to do it instead.

My father was hard at work studying to finish that masters degree up officially.

Meanwhile, the dogs enjoyed eachother's company




We stayed for dinner and grilled. It was delicious.

On memorial day we were hoping to hit up a parade but when I looked things up online I guess it already happened on Saturday? What the what? I know.

I woke up early enough to go for a run, don't worry it was only 70 degrees out at 9 A.M.
It was a little bit of a struggle because I've fallen out of shape yet again, so I didn't go as far as I wanted to, but it was progress.

This guy is always up for a jog. He doesn't care if it's rain or shine, 70 or 30, and doesn't judge me on my speed or distance.

Perfect running partner.

Dave and I were going to hang out with some friends, but I had A LOT of things I wanted to get done around the house. And let's just say our lines got crossed somewhere on what the plans were going to be. As much as I would have loved to see some friends, it worked out to just do our own thing.

Dave whipped up perfect looking omlettes, Bruin begged, and then did he tough task of making sure the couch was still working.




We decided to take advantage of the super gorgeous weather and reformat the cinderblock garden that our landlords had made for vegetables a while back. It was overgrown and not looking so hot. The landlords told us we could make it ours, and the other tenants are doing a lot of other yard work. We thought we'd make it our little project to rework the ground, the space, and grow some veggies!

It was a little messy.


Our little man stuck in a dog's body was just dying to come out, and since we have no fence in the front and there are a lot of stray cats, we tied him up on a leash. He was having a blast and will make an appearance in many pictures. When he wasn't getting in the way, he sunbathed.


During the process, WE FOUND BONES!

Squirrel? Cat? Dog? Human? Kangaroo? Dinosaur? We'll never know.

We ended up leaving the garden skinnier and longer. We weren't super pumped about the way we left it, but we'd reevaluate once we came back.




We dropped off my film, (UGH there has to be a celebrity reading my blog right now that thinks that it's so fab that I deserve to have a big girl camera from this century RIGHT? KTHANKS.)

And spent some Kohls cash, gift cards, and hard earned money on the following:
-Running sneakers, Dansko clogs (because I've worn holes into my other teacher shoes?What?) and nice sandals to teach in.
-2 pairs of capri pants and a t-shirt that I can teach in, as I mentioned in a previous post, I have nothing to teach in in any weather above 40 degrees. I've been a hot tranny mess the past week in my classroom.
- A big girl clutch wallet.
-SEEDS. LOTS OF SEEDS.
-And we ended up buying some more cinderblocks, which are surprisingly cheap.


After food, picking up my cave illustrations pictures that were processed onto cd, we got home and reworked the garden into a wider and more even garden.

I am pooped, excited to get planting and reap the benefits of what we sow, and I feel accomplished.
Overall, a very worthwhile weekend.

With all of that said, it's important to note that I appreciate each and every person who has, does, and will serve in the military. It's important for us to remember those who sacrificed their lives so that we can continue to live in freedom.

So, how was your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Wow you were a busy girl!!! Good job! :)

    I love seeing the doggy pics!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments they're just fabulous!
Enable your email please so I can get back to you!